home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Checkerboard Apples

Like I said, I've become obsessed with lunch options.  Our little man *loves* pb&j; he likes a lot of foods, and he's not a "picky" eater.  However, if given the option, he would choose to have a pb&j for every meal.  My husband didn't eat apples and peanut butter like I did growing up.  We absolutely loved slices of apple with peanut butter slathered on each slice, and now my husband and son do, too. I saw a blog post with a tutorial on how to make the checkerboard apples and thought I would give it a try.  Notice that I only did 1/2 of them checkerboard.  It's a bit cumbersome, but it looks awesome.  My hope was that by doing 1/2, the effect was given, but the work wasn't quite as extensive.  When I went back to look for the tutorial that I originally found so that I could share it with you, I found THIS one instead at justbento.com.  Wow!  I have a lot to learn....Regardless, my son thought this was awesome!  (This container is made by Gauteplast, and I think I got it at The Container Store. It's called "Take a Dip" and has a lid for the dip compartment as well as the main compartment.)  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment