home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fish Eggs

Okay, well they aren't really eggs from fish, but they are eggs that are molded into a fish shape.  You can buy the molds online at allthingsforsale.com or a multitude of other places.  The trick is to boil the eggs, peel them while they're hot, and place them in the molds while still hot.  I like my eggs medium boiled where it's all solid, but the yolk doesn't turn green.  I put the pot of water on to boil. While it's heating, I prick a hole in the bottom of each egg. Once the water comes to a boil, I place the eggs in the water and set the time for 9 minutes and 30 seconds.  When the timer goes off, I rinse the eggs in cold water briefly.  I lightly crack the egg by tapping all sides against the counter and then peeling the shell from the egg.  Place an egg in a mold, and either place it in the fridge or an ice bath.  My son thinks these rock...as you can see.  You can trim the edges to make it look cleaner, but I didn't bother this morning.  He is looking forward to finding the car shape in his lunch next week.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment