home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

World Nutella Day


I follow Over a Tuscan Stove, and I saw her post this morning about World Nutella Day.  Really?  World Nutella Day?  Did Giada start this?  I like Nutella, not as much as Giada, but I do like it.  I've made the pound cake nutella strawberry paninis, and I loved them.  I occasionally make a nutella sandwich for my son.  BUT...earlier this week, one of my best friends made a cake to celebrate my birthday as well as one of our other friends' birthday this week, and it was to die for.  If you know me, I'm not a big "chocolate person."  I know, I know..."how is that even possible?"  I don't have any idea, but I'm just not.  This cake that Kelly made...OMG!  It came from Plain Chicken's blog, and when I visited the blog to make sure I used the right link, I saw Plain Chicken's post for World Nutella Day: Candy Coated Peanut Butter Nutella Ritz.  Wow...I'm in awe.  I must try those next.

We didn't use the whipped cream, but it was to die for even without it.

post signature
 

Nutella Gooey Butter Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup Nutella
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth.
Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together.
Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well.
Spread Nutella mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
Serve with fresh whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment