home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bento: APPLES!

This Laptop Lunch is comprised of the sandwich box and two snack boxes with lids.  
The left compartment has a Pink Lady apple cut into 8ths with the final 1/8th cut again in two in order for them to all fit.  Lemon juice or a citrus-based soda works well to keep them from turning brown before lunch.  I usually pour a bit on my cutting board or in a small bowl and just dip the individual pieces.  Half of a peanut butter and honey sandwich on potato bread is adorned with an apple cookie cutter cut-out and colored with Wilton Food Writer Edible Markers.  
The top right (green) compartment is filled with organic vanilla bean yogurt and a tablespoon of strawberry preserves swirled to be used as a dip for the apples or can be eaten with the Laptop Lunch spoon (far right compartment.)
The bottom right (purple) compartment has 2 silicone mini cupcake liners.  The top one has organic dried young coconut that we recently found at Costco.  Our son LOVES it.  loves.  He wants it for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert.  The bottom liner has grape tomatoes with 1/3 of a toothpick as a "stem" to hold on fruit leather "leaves."  The leaves were made from the scraps remaining after creating the top two fruit leather apples.  I really need to find a small apple cookie cutter, because although it's not difficult to freehand an apple silhouette from fruit leather, it could be much easier.  
I realized after I sent this to school with my little guy that I forgot to include the apple eraser I had picked up for a few cents at Party City.  I guess another apple-themed lunch will be in store.

1 comment: