home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Real Simple's Four-Week Dinner Plan

I know that many of you struggle with what to make each night for dinner.  Usually, sitting down to make the menu and the list is the real obstacle.  Real Simple is doing a Four-Week Dinner Plan for October, and it includes grocery lists, recipes, and even notes what you need to freeze when you get home from the store so that your meats are as fresh as possible on the day you prepare them.  I have an extensive arsenal of recipes, cookbooks, etc., but I decided to give this a try and share with you my experience and our family's feedback.

Tonight's meal is supposed to be Roasted Tilapia, Potatoes, and Lemons.  I went ahead and made this so that I could post this today.  I also made sauteed spinach with white wine, shallots, and mushrooms.  My mom always had a vegetable on our dinner plates, and I try to do the same.  This dish was good, but it's not going to the top of my "must make again" list.  My 5 year old, who is very open to foods, wasn't fond of the kalamata olives. 
I will let you in on a secret: we like the Day 2 recipe better, and we made only one small modification.  Stay tuned!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment