home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Garden Progress

The tomatoes are coming in.  They're getting big, but only 2 of them have started turning red.  I must admit that we're all getting very anxious to have fresh tomatoes, and I've threatened to do fried green tomatoes at least three times a week for the last two weeks....
 The bell peppers are coming in, too!  I'm so excited, because I just finished the last bag of bell peppers we had sliced and frozen at the end of last season.



 We have basil EVERYWHERE.  I use it, too.  We have about 4 or 5 large basil plants in the garden, and another 15-20 in containers (including a beautiful purple basil!)  The purple basil looks great in those Key-lime Basil Martinis, too!
 We have the first bloom on our acorn squash plant.
 There are a ton of blooms on the zucchini plant.
Yes, I'm well aware that we have grass in the garden.  I pull it constantly.  We don't spray in the garden and keep it completely organic, so it's a battle.  As big as the plants get, I'm not really worried about it, because our veggies don't seem to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment